Translate

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Oh Those Donuts!

I know what you're thinking. This is not a blog about donut culture. However, there is one donut shop who has graced us with glazed twist perfection ever since I can remember. Oh Those Donuts on Newport Blvd in Costa Mesa deserves mention here not only for its glazed twists, but also for its friendly staff, convenient drive thru, free WiFi, and 24 hour service. Of course, the glazed twists are best early in the morning, when you can get them warm and fresh. Growing up, glazed twists from Oh Those were a weekend fixture in my household, and my mother still insists it a crime to eat them unless they are fresh fried from that morning!

I was just browsing through the "Desserts to Die For" issue of OC Weekly and I think they forgot about Oh Those. Oh Those is a Costa Mesa institution, and I think it deserves some recognition. Yet I do not blame OC Weekly for omitting the glazed twists from their list. Rather than a dessert to die for, an Oh Those glazed twist is a breakfast worth living for. (Thanks for the "Desserts to Die For" issue of OC Weekly though, it's like you are doing all the work for me! Great contributions to the hunt!)

I will rarely give props to local donut culture on this blog, so you know that I'm serious about these glazed twists (One serving of glazed goodness runs you about 85 cents! I recommend splurging on some milk to help wash it down! 2%, whole, skim- your choice, because it's all good with a glazed twist from Oh Those).

They also have decent sandwiches if you are looking for a 24 hour sandwich spot after your libations at the Goat Hill Tavern down the street.

Where to find it:

1734 Newport Blvd
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949) 646-4046

1 comment:

Felicia said...

oh those donuts, indeed. :D